New XRC files for Stitcher Panel (Was: Re: [ptx] thoughts for hugin UI, post 0.5)

Rob Park rbpark at gmail.com
Mon May 30 10:35:17 BST 2005

On 5/29/05, douglas wilkins <dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > 3. "use custom settings" dropdown list stretches all the way across
> > and nothing else does.
>
> Yeah, originally it didn't, but that also looked strange so..... what to do?

Try to make it only stretch so that it's roughly the same width as the
widgets below it. Roughly.

> > 5. image width/height should be spinboxes just like fov
> > horizontal/vertical are.
>
> They probably will be post 0.5

Yeah, I figured that'd be too big a change requiring changes to the code.

> > 7. the alignment of the widgets should line up between each section.
>
> Almost impossible with the code as it is currently.

Understandable. I had difficulty with it even starting from scratch in
my Glade mockup.

> I could probably get it to
> line up in english by hard-coding sizes,

That's what I was thinking of doing unfortunately.

This is one of the reasons that I wanted to look at the source of some
HIG compliant program, just to see how they were doing the alignment.
The HIG very clearly specifies that stuff like this needs to line up
properly, but doesn't give any suggestions on how to do it.

> but then all the translations would
> break. Best attempt at the moment is lined up in sections. By the way you need
> to look at it when PTStitcher is selected as the engine as well.

Yeah, it looks just like nona but with more options, I saw it.
Anything specific I'm supposed to be looking for?

You did a good job, but you're not quite there yet ;)

> wxGlade is great if you are using it to build a complete app and generating
> code for prototypes. For single panels it is not at all intuitive - do-able,
> but not intuitive. I think you'll have more luck with xrced. Oh and I think
> you're looking for wxFrame?

Whatever the widget is called, I couldn't see any way of making one
with wxGlade (looking at the buttons for creating widgets, I didn't
see anything that really jumped out at me as saying "hey, this creates
a frame!", especially considering that wxGlade re-uses a bunch of the
Glade icons, and I didn't see Glade's GtkFrame icon anywhere.

> > Gotta run to work right away though, don't have time to look into this
> > some more. Maybe when I get home, or earlier tomorrow.
>
> The hazards of multiple time-zones. It's late evening here and time for some
> sleep.

I don't think the time zones are _that_ different... I just happened
to be starting work at 6:30 PM ;)

--
Urban Artography
http://artography.ath.cx