[ptx] Problems with Autopano-Sift and Mono on OS X

Ian Wood ian at azurevision.co.uk
Thu May 26 21:02:03 BST 2005

Hi Koen & John,

It seemed like a good idea to combine separate threads...

For information, I am running OS X 10.3.8 on a G5. Earlier this week I
downloaded Mono for the first time (and ONLY Mono), the direct link to
the copy I downloaded is
<http://www.go-mono.com/archive/1.1.7/macosx/MonoFramework-1.1.7.dmg>.
As far as I can gather, all the other bits mentioned on the Mono page
are not needed for command line use, Gtk# appears to be specifically
for GUI applications using Mono.

As a test please open a new Terminal window and type 'mono' (without
the quote marks) and a space and then drag either generatekeys-sd.exe
or autopano.exe onto the Terminal window. You should get something
like: 'mono
/Applications/Hugin-Nona-Autopano-Sift/autopano-sift-2.3/bin/
generatekeys-sd.exe '. Press return and see if you get a list of
instructions and parameters or an error message. This should help
narrow down the problem by eliminating any possible errors in the
script that Sift Helper is generating.

Ian

P.S. Thanks to Sebastian for your work and for distributing it in a
portable format!