[ptx] thoughts for hugin UI, post 0.5

Rob Park rbpark at gmail.com
Thu May 26 07:20:07 BST 2005

On 5/25/05, Rob Park <rbpark at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://artography.ath.cx/hugin-new4.png
>
> Good? Bad?

Alright, szunyog sent me a message off-list expressing his approval,
but I've been reading through the HIG (Human Interface Guidelines),
and it's led me to rearrange it like this:

http://artography.ath.cx/hugin-new6.png

Though I have a couple problems with this:

First, the HIG recommends that for something like this, all the
widgets be aligned on the same axis (kinda hard to describe, but if
you look closely at the Stitcher section, the "nona" drop down box and
the "Poly3..." drop down box are aligned properly, but they're not
quite aligned with the widgets in the other sections). I'm not
entirely sure how to even accomplish this.

Second, I don't like the Best Fit button in the Field of View
section... having it just on one line doesn't properly convey that it
affects both buttons, having it stretch to cover both rows makes it a
weirdly shaped button, and having it the way it is in the screenshot
(halfway between lines) just looks weird.

So, I made this instead, which is a compromise between what the HIG
wants and what looks good to me:

http://artography.ath.cx/hugin-new5.png

I really want to know what everybody thinks of this, even just
nitpicky details, I want to make it perfect ;)

--
Urban Artography
http://artography.ath.cx