[ptx] thoughts for hugin UI, post 0.5

Rob Park rbpark at gmail.com
Wed May 25 22:45:13 BST 2005

On 5/24/05, douglas wilkins <dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Take the two xrc files in the attached tarball and replace your current
> ones with these. Try them out and tell me if I'm close enough to your
> mockup.

Well, it's a step in the right direction, but I think it's still too cluttered.

My biggest complaint is that there are so many GtkFrame widgets (the
boxes with the lines around them), they're all nested, it gives it a
very cluttered look and doesn't seem to contribute much. Especially
the one that has no label, it's just a box that groups a bunch of
other boxes and does nothing.

> It's a small enough change to put into 0.5 if it works better for users

Go for it for 0.5 if you want, but post 0.5 I'd like to see bigger
changes. Here's an updated mockup that I'm working on:

http://artography.ath.cx/hugin-new2.png

A bit cleaner, one less level of nested GtkFrames. Hopefully the
logical groupings make a bit more sense, as well.

I'd like to break up the "Quick Stitcher" part as well. I think the
"as an Equirectangular" select box could be grouped into the "Field of
View" group somehow... Then again, I'm thinking the whole "Field of
View" group might not even be appropriate on the "Stitcher" tab.

Thoughts?

--
Urban Artography
http://artography.ath.cx