[ptx] Compiling Mono / gtk-sharp for autopano-sift etc by hand (AMD64)

Hal V Engel hvengel at astound.net
Mon May 23 23:25:04 BST 2005

On Monday 23 May 2005 06:25 am, douglas wilkins wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> --- Michaël Burtin <mburtin at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > Does anyone manage building autopano-sift 2.3 against mono 1.1.7 ?
> > I failed with the following error :
> > Form1.cs(43) error CS0234: The type or namespace name `ErrorProvider'
> > could not be found in namespace `System.Windows.Forms'
>
> I also had this problem - the original makefiles are oriented towards
> windows. Mono 1.1.7 with it's improved swf support almost makes it
> through, but not quite. :-(
>
> You need to use GTK.
> The attached patch works for me :-)
>
> regards,
> Doug

I have found that I don't need to build autopano-sift.  The tarball has a
directory with the byte code pre-built.  All you have to is copy this to the
location where you want this installed.  In my case I copied this
to /usr/local/bin  If mono and gtk-sharp are working then at that point
autopano-sift will work.

Hal