[ptx] hugin very slow.

Brian brianinnes81 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 19 20:45:03 BST 2005

douglas wilkins wrote:

>That's the problem - If the autoupdate is toggled on, the preview gets
>updated even though it's hidden. Problem fixed in CVS though.
>

>There have been some changes in libpano12, which are in the pano12.dll
>distributed with rc1. Also, I have put some work into making it 64bit
>safe. You should be able to use -O2 again :-)
>
>check it out from CVS and try. I'd be interested to see the results :-)

Hi.  I have recompiled libpano12, and hugin from cvs.  The issue with
the autoupdate seems to be fixed, however hugin on linux does seem a lot
more sluggish when showing the preview than in windows.

Does the preview stitcher work with the full size images?  Perhaps if it
had an option to stitch, for example, 50% size images for the preview
then it would run a lot quicker?  The panorama I am working on uses 15
pictures from my 5megapixel camera (2560x1920).

Yes, libpano12 compiles on AMD64 with the -O2 flag!

--
Brian Innes