[ptx] hugin very slow.

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 19 07:47:36 BST 2005

Hi there,

--- Brian Innes <brianinnes81 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
>
> > Brian schrieb:
> >
> >> I have done a checkout of hugin from CVS, and I am finding that it is
>
> >> running very very sluggishly.
> >

> > Maybe you have enabled the "auto update" of the preview window? This
> > tends to eat lots of time. I have to check if the updating is done
> > even when the preview window is closed.
> >
> > ciao
> >   Pablo
> >

> I did not have the preview window open, as I had just loaded up the pto
> file from autopano-sift.

That's the problem - If the autoupdate is toggled on, the preview gets
updated even though it's hidden. Problem fixed in CVS though.

> Strange thing is, running the windows build of hugin 0.5 rc1, it is very
> very fast.  Have there been recent changes to libpano12? Perhaps I need
> to update mine on linux.  I'll certainly try that this evening, as well
> as recompiling hugin 0.5rc1 on linux.

There have been some changes in libpano12, which are in the pano12.dll
distributed with rc1. Also, I have put some work into making it 64bit
safe. You should be able to use -O2 again :-)

check it out from CVS and try. I'd be interested to see the results :-)

regards,
Doug