[ptx] Compiling Mono / gtk-sharp for autopano-sift etc by hand (AMD64)

Brian brianinnes81 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 18 18:46:50 BST 2005

Rob Park wrote:

>Hi ;)
>
>On 5/18/05, Ian Sydenham <iansyd at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Try http://rbpark.ath.cx/articles/compile-hugin-ubuntu I used the
>>instructions to build hugin, autopano, and enblend on ubuntu hoary 686.
>>It includes a section on autopano-sift.
>>

>Well, my tutorial doesn't cover amd64. As I understand it, there are
>no packages for mono for amd64, so mono must be compiled by hand,
>which I hear is a pain, and my tutorial doesn't cover doing that
>because I don't know how to do it.

Here is how I got mono libgdiplus and gtk-sharp compiled and installed
on Ubuntu amd64.

Download the sourcecode for mono-1.1.6, libgdiplus-1.0.6, and
gtk-sharp-1.0.6 from http://www.mono-project.com/Downloads

unpack each sourcecode tarball into a handy directory (I unpacked mine
into /home/brian/src)

First of all, compile and install libgdiplus by the following commands:

cd into the libgdiplus source directory:

./configure
make
make install

Compile and install mono in the same way.

Finally, compile and install gtk-sharp

To make sure than mono can find the gtk-sharp libraries,

add  /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf then issue /sbin/ldconfig so that
all the libraries are found.
(as mentioned here: http://gtk-sharp.sourceforge.net/faq.html#3.4)

autopanog.exe should then run with the following command "mono
/usr/local/bin/autopanog.exe" assuming you installed autopanog.exe in
/usr/local/bin

I based this on the following webpage:
http://www.all-the-johnsons.co.uk/mono/mono-compiling.html

While this works for me, perhaps if other amd64 users could compile mono
etc from source and verify that this works!

Hope this helps!

--
Brian Innes