[ptx] new reference for stitching algorithms

Ippei UKAI ippei_ukai at mac.com
Mon May 9 11:38:03 BST 2005

Hi,

> I've been corresponding with Tim Jacobs about his compiling
> trouble; hopefully we'll have them resolved, soon.  Be aware a
> windows executable is also available to download.

I tried to compile on mac, but got some trouble compiling it.
Basically it's not a mac-specific problem, but wxWidgets library in
unicode mode in which all the wxStrings has to use something like wxT
() macro or wchar_t input. I thought of doing it by myself, but
realised some public methods actually takes or returns char* type and
needs change not only in the implementation. It would be nice if this
is resolved in near future.

> the software has been released under GPL
I'm wondering if the non-GPL library that photomerge is depending on
could be replaced in case it disappeared or so. Wouldn't it nice to
have something really free?

Thank you for all your work. Although I haven't managed using it, I'm
still very interested in and looking forward to trying it.

Ippei

--
   My general MSN, AIM, and E-Mail: ippei_ukai at mac.com
   Homepage:  http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/