[ptx] new reference for stitching algorithms

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Sun May 8 19:38:06 BST 2005

Rik Littlefield schrieb:
> Developers of stitching software, please be aware of this reference:
>
> http://grail.cs.washington.edu/projects/photomontage/
>
> The paper at
>
> http://grail.cs.washington.edu/projects/photomontage/photomontage.pdf
>
> illustrates several very interesting and impressive results.

Sounds very interesting. I'll take a look at it when I have time. Seems
like they also provide the software, even the sourcecode.

Btw. I was thinking about the morph to fit feature that you seem to be
using quite often. Especially for problems like stitching cracks in the
pavement etc, where parallax error often occurs, should a image based
morphing be a good alternative? This morphing would then be done based
on the multilayer output of panotools. I still have to think about the
details a bit more, like how the poles of a spherical projection should
be handled and how it works for areas where more than 2 images overlap etc.