[ptx] suggestion: limiting parameters

J. Schneider j-schneid at web.de
Thu Jun 16 13:36:50 BST 2005

Hello,

i would like to make a suggestion concerning optimization strategies. No
clue if this is easy or even possible to implement since I have only a
faint idea of programming.
It often happens to me that I have images of which I know, that they are
taken fairly exact but of course not mathematically exact.
So for example I would like to let hugin optimize for pitch and roll
values within certain limits, e.g. 1°. (The tripod column may have been
slightly out of the vertical). Or I have scanned framed slides of which
I know that they must have some  shift (d, e), but not more than 50px
and that the crop is slightly different, so I have to optimize v - but
the focal length can't differ more than 1mm.
You can imagine more scenarios like that.
Is it possible to make hugin stop iterating at a certain limit for a
given parameter?

One more thing, a little GUI bug and a feature request in the optimizer tab:
When using different lenses in one project, the lens parameters section
(except v) doesn't show image numbers and values like in the image
orientation section, but only columns of lines of checkboxes with the
number (amount) of images in the project being displayed next to them.

Also I would like to have select and clear buttons per column/parameter
as in the upper half of the panel. (This should be easy?)

A bug that has reappeared: hugin is not accessible during enblend operation.

BTW: should I file bugs in separate posting/via web form? (I suppose
there is one as I see these formalized bug reports.)

regards
Joachim