[ptx] ptstereo on linux? - solved

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Thu Jun 2 13:37:00 BST 2005

On Thu 02-Jun-2005 at 01:40 +0200, karpi wrote:

> SOLVED!!!! - thanx to strace program

> alnagon ~/PTLinux/Helpers $ ln -s ./ "(null)"

That's crazy, does it really try to open a directory called
"(null)"?  At least there is now a workaround.

> .. is there some movement to write open source tool for this work?

I believe that the system for locating the points/triangles in 3d
space is very similar to the existing panotools optimisation stuff.

So it should be possible for somebody who understands the existing
control-point optimiser to write a tool that outputs the 3d geometry
as a polygon mesh surface.

Remapping the images to the individual triangles to create a fully
surfaced-textured model would be more difficult, but maybe this
isn't necessary or very useful?

> .. is there some movement to write triangles definition to hugin?

I think there would be if there was an open-source alternative to
PTStereo.

--
Bruno