[ptx] Hugin - compilation problems

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 08:23:09 GMT 2005

 --- Steve Wesemeyer <swesemeyer at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 09 January 2005 09:38, Pablo d'Angelo
> wrote:
> > Steve Wesemeyer schrieb:

[snip]

> Hooray,I finally managed to compile Hugin. What I
> had to do was the following:
>
> - Uninstall the SUSE 9.2 fftw2 packages as the
> configure script would not find
> the libraries (even when I specified the path in
> --with-fftw-libraries) and
> compile and install them from source.

As far as I know, Suse provides double precision fftw
(dfftw) packages only, so at the moment you _have_ to
compile fftw2 yourself :-(

> - then every time I encountered the
> /usr/lib/libstdc++.so: could not read symbols:
> Invalid operation
> problem, I replaced /usr/lib/libstdcc++ with
> /usr/lib64/libstdc++ and gcc_s_32
> with gcc_s and reran the compile command in the
> appropriate directory and
> then restarted the make process in the main
> directory.
>
> - I also encountered a few instances where the flags
>
> /usr/lib64/libjpeg.so and -lpng were not separated
> by a space which cause the
> compile command to fail as well.
>
> The main packages where I found these problems were:
> -src/hugin
> -src/tools
> -src/nona_gui
> -src/keypoints
>
> If you need the exact details please let me know and
> I'll post the details.

I have just committed some changes to CVS (will
probably take a while to show up on the anonymous
mirrors) which should cure some of these problems. If
you could download the changes and try again, that
would be great. If it still does not compile, could
you please send me your config.log so that I can
diagnose further.

You should download and compile the latest panotools
libpano as well, since there are changes for the 64
bit linux platform there as well.

> The last thing I noticed was that the "checkinstall"
> rpm building script
> (http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/) that
> I usually use to install
> software was not able to create an rpm from the
> current cvs snapshot but I
> guess that's probably not really a concern at the
> moment.

Must admit that checkinstall would not be my personal
choice, since it so often gets it wrong. Perhaps you
could take a look at brunos' rpm spec file and adapt
it for Suse?

> Mind you, I haven't
> tried Beta4 yet which might have addressed that
> problem.
>
> Last but not least, Doug, I tried your suggestion
> (ie export
> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib64) but sadly it didn't make any
> difference as the
> compilation still failed. Did you have any more luck
> on Monday afternoon with
> your FC3 AMD box?

Yes I did. It compiles successfully there with the
changes mentioned above. Hope it works for you too

> Thanks to everyone for your help. I really
> appreciate hugin. It's a great tool
> and definitely worth the pain to get it to compile.

Less pain soon :-)

regards,
Doug

ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even
more fun! http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com