[ptx] Hugin - compilation problems

Steve Wesemeyer swesemeyer at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 11 20:25:11 GMT 2005

On Sunday 09 January 2005 09:38, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> Steve Wesemeyer schrieb:
> >I took the CVS snapshot with the fixes mentioned in this thread and
> > compiled it on my x86 laptop without a problem which leads me to believe
> > that the x86_64 build process is either broken or SUSE 9.2 is doing
> > something weird on that architecture.
> >
> >Has anyone else had any problems with compiling on AMD 64s? Anything I
> > could do to help troubleshoot this?
>
> I think its a problem in the autoconf build system.
> Before the conversion to automake/autoconf, I build hugin on my AMD64 box
> once and it worked fine.
>
> ciao
>   Pablo

Hooray,I finally managed to compile Hugin. What I had to do was the following:

- Uninstall the SUSE 9.2 fftw2 packages as the configure script would not find
the libraries (even when I specified the path in --with-fftw-libraries) and
compile and install them from source.

- then every time I encountered the
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
problem, I replaced /usr/lib/libstdcc++ with /usr/lib64/libstdc++ and gcc_s_32
with gcc_s and reran the compile command in the appropriate directory and
then restarted the make process in the main directory.

- I also encountered a few instances where the flags
/usr/lib64/libjpeg.so and -lpng were not separated by a space which cause the
compile command to fail as well.

The main packages where I found these problems were:
-src/hugin
-src/tools
-src/nona_gui
-src/keypoints

If you need the exact details please let me know and I'll post the details.

The last thing I noticed was that the "checkinstall" rpm building script
(http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/) that I usually use to install
software was not able to create an rpm from the current cvs snapshot but I
guess that's probably not really a concern at the moment. Mind you, I haven't
tried Beta4 yet which might have addressed that problem.

Last but not least, Doug, I tried your suggestion (ie export
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib64) but sadly it didn't make any difference as the
compilation still failed. Did you have any more luck on Monday afternoon with
your FC3 AMD box?

Thanks to everyone for your help. I really appreciate hugin. It's a great tool
and definitely worth the pain to get it to compile.

Regards,
 Steve