[ptx] Optimizations

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Thu Jan 6 09:09:02 GMT 2005

>It seem like everyone has their own preference.

Yepp.
I would just try it, there is no risk due to the undo in hugin.
My daily method is to start optimising just y,p,r, then optimisise only
a,b,c. For 360 deg panoramas I optimise only v at the very end. If the
results are not very good (maybe due to an inprober setup while doing
the photos) I often optimise everything except one y-value in the end
and it mostly works fine.
Optimising just everything at the beginning often causes some strange
results - the optimiser than has a lot of more possiblilities to
'hang' at a local minimum.

Just try it and share 'your' experiences ;-)

best, mike