[ptx] EXIF reader/HFOV calculation (was:new source snapshot)

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Sun Jan 2 21:16:42 GMT 2005

On Sun 02-Jan-2005 at 20:11 +0100, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:

> I want take a look at the exif reader/hfov calc, before the
> release.

I have a couple of cameras with problem EXIF data, I've uploaded
some test cases (apologies, no spectacular landscapes).

The first one doesn't have any EXIF focal length data, hugin decides
it is a rectilinear photo with 180° FOV:

   http://bugbear.blackfish.org.uk/~bruno/photos/cats/minnie.jpg

In this situation, hugin should assume a 'probable' FOV that can be
used as a basis for optimisation (such as 50°).

The other camera does save a focal length in the EXIF data, but
hugin gets the FOV very wrong:

   http://bugbear.blackfish.org.uk/~bruno/photos/cats/whirlie.jpg

Hugin calculates the FOV as 146°, this lens is actually about
52.6°.

--
Bruno