[ptx] new source snapshot

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Sun Jan 2 19:11:13 GMT 2005

Hi together,

I think we should wait until the following things are done, before
releasing a new stable release (maybe called 0.5, or even 1.0 ?)

spec wrote:

> Let's see:
>
> - working unicode build.
> this needs to be tested. Doug's build wasn't too good.

I want to do the windows builds with MSVC, but I have run into some
poblems building a unicode wxwindows library with
it, have to try again.

> - complete translations (probably need to find more translators)
> Polish for nona_gui is complete, the one for hugin needs deleting one
> "\n" and will be complete.
> German for nona_gui is blank, no other translations exist for nona_gui.

> German for hugin needs translating 7 minor strings (out of 580).
> French needs translating 5 minor ones, Italian needs complete
> translation.
> Bottom line is we could live with that.

I'll take a look at that and I will update the translations in the cvs.

> - some more bugfixes, especially the pairwise optimizer crash
> there is couple of in bug tracker: sf.net/projects/hugin/bugs

Hmm, the pairwise optimisation bug is already fixed.
I want take a look at the exif reader/hfov calc, before the release.

> - updated user manual + key reference

This are the help documents in the "Help" menu of hugin.

> - maybe we should add one of these annoying "Tip of the day"
>   windows with tips and tricks, people won't discover easily.
> to do (I think)

Yes I'll add it.

> - maybe fix the layout issues on small screens, although I have no
> idea how this can be done with the current XRC.
> I did it for myself - it's ugly, but fits the screen. I basically
> changed all borders to 0. Proper action would be to decrease border,
> and inserting scrollbars, when decreasing borders is not possible.
> This is minor though.

Probably I won't do this before the release.