[ptx] some pano questions

Alex Romosan romosan at sycorax.lbl.gov
Fri Feb 18 20:18:10 GMT 2005

ks <transients at gmx.de> writes:

> 2)assemble several images that were shot from different positions. A
> pano  of a long object for example, where the individual photos were
> taken  sequentially by walking alongside the object and making shots
> perpendicular to the object.

i just managed to do that and i kind of stumbled upon the solution by
accident (not sure if it is the right one but it worked for me). in
hugin, after loading the images, select 'camera and lens' and then try
to align each image with the others by specifying the image centre
shift (horizontal and/or vertical). uncheck inherit first. then select
the control points, and optimize. i am still trying to improve the
picture but you can see my result at http://caliban.lbl.gov/mural.jpg.

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |