[ptx] mirrorball panoramas with hugin?

Sebastian Nowozin nowozin at cs.tu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 18 14:35:54 GMT 2005

Hello everybody,

I experimented a little with a mirrorball yesterday and while its
fascinating, I have only been able to create a usable panorama using
HDRShop from the original image.

However, I would like to use an all open-source solution and I am
pretty sure PanoramaTools (and maybe hugin) can be used to stitch a
360x180 spherical projected image from the mirror ball circle image.

While I would already be happy for advice how to do this for one
image, ideally the stitching of many mirrorball images of the same
scene would also be possible (to remove myself with the camera later
on and improve resolution in all areas).

Can anyone explain their standard method to get from one (or more)
mirrorball image(s) to a realigned (i.e. horizon in the middle)
360x180 panorama image?

Thanks,
Sebastian