[ptx] hugin make fails wxrc: Command not found

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Sat Feb 12 01:29:42 GMT 2005

On Thursday 10 February 2005 23:31, Andreas Hirczy wrote:
snip

> Most likely you are missing wxGTK-xrc - see
> <http://hugin.sourceforge.net/download/> - Linux -"For RPM based
systems ..."

> Andreas
> --

I have not found a SuSE wxGTK-xrc RPM but I did look at the fedora RPM
and then installed it since it looked like it would not harm my SuSE
system.  But the wxrc executable was not in that RPM.  Only two
library files which are:

/usr/lib/libwx_gtk_xrc-2.4.so.0
/usr/lib/libwx_gtk_xrc-2.4.so.0.1.1

So this RPM does not install wxrc.  By the way none of the SuSE wxGTK*
RPMs have the above library files.  And I have asked on several SuSE
forums about where to get wxrc and no one knows.

So I did some more looking at the wxGTK source code directories and
discovered that some of them were owned by root.  Since this was
un-tared by a non-root id then this must have been a problem with the
tar file.  I changed ownership of the whole source tree to my id and
re-ran configure, make and make install (using root).  This did not
install wxrc but in the contrib/utils/wxrc directory it did build the
wxrc executable.  So I copied this to /usr/bin.

I now have Hugin installed and it appears to run OK - although I have
not done anything but basic tests.

--
Hal V. Engel