[ptx] hugin make fails wxrc: Command not found

douglas wilkins dgswilkins at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 11 07:34:46 GMT 2005

 --- "Hal V. Engel" <hvengel at astound.net> wrote:
> I am running SuSE 9.1 and I am trying to compile
> hugin 0.4.  It
> configures with out errors but during the make I get
> the following:
>
> make[5]: Entering directory
> `../sources/pano/hugin-0.4/src/hugin/xrc'
> wxrc -g -o about.xrs about.xrc
> make[5]: wxrc: Command not found
> make[5]: *** [about.xrs] Error 127
>
> I believe that this utility is from wxGTK as I find
> a wxrc directory in
> the source tree for wxGTK 2.4.2.  But I can't figure
> out how to get it
> to build this.  I would guess that there is a
> configure option that
> will make this happen but I have no idea what that
> would be.
>
> I spent some time going through the ptx list archive
> to see if I could
> find an answer but after looking through about 6
> months worth of
> emails I gave up.  It would be nice if it were
> possible to search the
> archives.  I also spend a bunch of time trying to
> find an RPM for this
> but no luck there either.
>
> So can someone give me a clue about how to get this
> thing built?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hal V. Engel

In wxGTK 2.4.2, wxrc is part of contrib (along with
all of the XRC related stuff) while in wx 2.5.3 it is
part of the core distribution and built automatically.

For 2.4.2, you can find it in contrib/utils/wxrc.
There are no specific flags in configure, but you do
need to build the xrc library first. I don't run suse,
but I guess that if run the following commands from
the root of the source distribution of wx 2.4.2, you
should get what you need:
cd contrib/src/xrc
make
make install