[ptx] Is it possible to stitch 3 handshot fotos in hugin for HDR in a layered tiff?

manouchk manouchk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 13:18:38 GMT 2005

Le Lundi 12 Décembre 2005 10:17, Kai-Uwe Behrmann a écrit :
> Am 12.12.05, 09:49 -0200 schrieb manouchk:
> > Le Dimanche 11 Décembre 2005 12:39, Michael Galloway a écrit :
> > > gerhard, i believe cinepaint will do what you are looking for. have a
> > > look here:
> > >
> > > http://cinepaint.movieeditor.com/
> >
> > I didn't know cinepaint had a shift correction! Is it only in the last
> > version? I need to do a rpm of that new version right now!
>
> What do you mean with shift correction?

aligning up handshot images. I guess this would only be a pixel translation
adjustement.

> > > http://people.freenet.de/hsbosny/HDR_Tutorial/HDR_Tutorial-en.html
> >
> > I'va got some more link
> > http://panotools.info/mediawiki/index.php?title=A_simple_approach_to_HDR-
> >blending
> >
> > http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/resources/pfstools/
> >
> > with pfstools are command line stuff. Look at pfscalibration for HDR
> > image http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/resources/hdr/calibration/pfs.html
> > This does automatically an HDR image if you don't need to align up
> > images. I use hugin to do that, I use multiple larer tiff output then in
> > the gimp I adjust the photo borders and save in 3 diffrent jpg files.
> > I didn't succede in doing tone mapping directly using pfstools. I use
>
> No one started yet to write a tonemapping plug-in for CinePaint yet. If
> someone knows how to do, a good working plug-in would be highly
> appreciated.

It is not tonemapping but I think you can adjust rendering curve or at least
gama and exposition which can maybe give already "reasonable results".

They are some tone mapping possibilities in pfs tools pfstmo_drago03,
pfstmo_reinhard02  and pfstmo_ashikhmin02
cf :
http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/resources/tmo/drago03/index.html

I tried :
> pfsin  sample.exr  | pfstmo_drago03 -b 0.8 | pfsgamma -g 2.2 | pfsout
> sample.jpeg

> pfsin  sample.exr | pfstmo_reinhard02 -s | pfsgamma -g 2.2 | pfsout
> sample.jpeg

> pfsin  sample.exr | pfstmo_ashikhmin02 -l 0.7 | pfsgamma -g 2.2 | pfsout
> sample.jpeg

but they don't look pretty.
pfstools developper pointed me at the not yet implemented :
http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/resources/hdr/lightness/
which would give better results

they suggest me the following algorithms :
pfsin sample.exr | pfstmo_durand02 -c 3.5 | pfsview

Or this one (but maybe not very stable):
pfsin sample.exr | pfstmo_fattal02 | pfsview

I already didn't try

he also told me :
In pfsview, you can set appropriate gamma, and adjust brightness (-/+
keys) and dynamic range scaling ([/] keys). That's not much (you can't
edit colors separately) but often useful.

> > cinepaint to output a tone mapped LDR picture... I sill didn't succeded
>
> What is currently achieveable from HDR to LDR conversion is shown here:
> <http://cinepaint.bigasterisk.com/PreparingAHDRImageForPrint>
>
> > because with my camera distorsion are so high that it is difficult to
> > have entirely superposed pictures.. this gives some annoying artefacts...
>
> Currently one needs a tripod to obtain good aligned bracketed exposures.

the problem is that my camera does not behave well with bracketed
expositions... It does not choose the normal exposure as a middle exposure
(but the higher one!) and I think I cannot shoot pictures bracketed in
exposure. I have to use manual mode modify exposition by hand but this
induces sometimes small rotation in the complicated situation I tried
shooting from my flat window with a grid and the tripod in an non-standart
instable position... In a normal position it should not induce rotation?

by the way I found this (not read yet, no time):
http://www.panotools.info/mediawiki/index.php?title=HDR_workflow_with_hugin

--
Nil, Nil, Nil,
Fleuve impétueux et tumultueux,