[ptx] Is it possible to stitch 3 handshot fotos in hugin for HDR in a layered tiff?

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Mon Dec 12 12:17:56 GMT 2005

Am 12.12.05, 09:49 -0200 schrieb manouchk:

> Le Dimanche 11 Décembre 2005 12:39, Michael Galloway a écrit :
> > gerhard, i believe cinepaint will do what you are looking for. have a look
> > here:
> >
> > http://cinepaint.movieeditor.com/
>
> I didn't know cinepaint had a shift correction! Is it only in the last
> version? I need to do a rpm of that new version right now!

What do you mean with shift correction?

> > http://people.freenet.de/hsbosny/HDR_Tutorial/HDR_Tutorial-en.html
>
> I'va got some more link
> http://panotools.info/mediawiki/index.php?title=A_simple_approach_to_HDR-blending
>
> http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/resources/pfstools/
>
> with pfstools are command line stuff. Look at pfscalibration for HDR image
> http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/resources/hdr/calibration/pfs.html
> This does automatically an HDR image if you don't need to align up images. I
> use hugin to do that, I use multiple larer tiff output then in the gimp I
> adjust the photo borders and save in 3 diffrent jpg files.
> I didn't succede in doing tone mapping directly using pfstools. I use

No one started yet to write a tonemapping plug-in for CinePaint yet. If
someone knows how to do, a good working plug-in would be highly
appreciated.

> cinepaint to output a tone mapped LDR picture... I sill didn't succeded

What is currently achieveable from HDR to LDR conversion is shown here:
<http://cinepaint.bigasterisk.com/PreparingAHDRImageForPrint>

> because with my camera distorsion are so high that it is difficult to have
> entirely superposed pictures.. this gives some annoying artefacts...

Currently one needs a tripod to obtain good aligned bracketed exposures.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management
                                + imaging / panoramas