[ptx] Is it possible to stitch 3 handshot fotos in hugin for HDR in a layered tiff?

Ed Halley ed at halley.cc
Sat Dec 10 15:10:38 GMT 2005

Yes, it is possible.  It was one of my first attempts at using Hugin a
couple of years ago.  But success depends on a couple things.

If parts of the scene are within about 100ft, your steadiness between
shots is more critical.  It's okay if the direction changes a little
between shots, but the lens needs to stay at nearly the same location.

Stitching the layers is just like stitching a wide panorama; you just
have more overlap between shots.  Once done, save to the layered tiff
format.  The rest of the work is done in your favorite image editor like
the GIMP.  Sorry, no automatic exposure merging yet in OSS tools.  There
are demonstrations of the technique on the web (usually in Photoshop) if
you search around.  Luminous Landscape has a good mention of several
methods.

Good luck.