[ptx] Getting EXIF data from coolpix 950 jpgs using hugin

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Fri Dec 2 23:45:31 GMT 2005

I think when you see something like the 1/2.4" specification for a sensor size
that you are getting the diagonal size of the CCD.   So to calculate the crop
factor you need to compare that to the diagonal length of a 35mm frame which
is (24 ^ 2 + 36 ^ 2) ^ 0.5 = 42.3mm which gives a crop factor of 4.05