[ptx] Getting EXIF data from coolpix 950 jpgs using hugin

Glenn Barry glennrbarry at optusnet.com.au
Fri Dec 2 03:49:58 GMT 2005

Crop factor is the size of the CCD x A number to give 24mm x 36mm.
Everything is still calculated relative to 35mm camera lens focal
lengths in relation to 35mm film dimensions which are 24mm x 36mm.

Grab the CCD sensor size from your manual, determine what it needs to be
multiplied by to give 24mm x 36mm and you've got your crop factor. You
may not need this IF the exif tags are already giving effective focal
length equivalents relative to 35mm film dimensions. I don't know much
about exif tags so this last part may be totally wrong, but you should
at least be able to understand the principles to know if I am.

Glenn