[ptx] hugin pt_BR translation

pablo.dangelo at informatik.uni-ulm.de pablo.dangelo at informatik.uni-ulm.de
Tue Aug 30 09:11:55 BST 2005

Ademar de Souza Reis Jr. wrote:

First of all, thanks a lot for the translation!

> Hi again.
>
> Any comments about this?
>
> Should I do something else besides sending the .po
> and tips files to this list?

In the future you can also send them directly to me.

> I would like to get notified some days before the
> final 0.5 release (or any other version where pt_BR
> is included) so that I can make sure new strings (if
> any) are translated. Is that possible?

Sorry for slow response, but I'm quite busy with other stuff right now.
I will add your translation this evening and take a look at the issues
with the tips translation.

> > I have a few comments:
> > (tests on the 0.5rc1)
> >
> > 1. In MainFrame.cpp the tips file is read using
> > only the two first characters of the language-code. This
> > doesn't allow different files for pt_BR and pt_PT, for
> > example, and may be a problem as soon as hugin gets more
> > translations.

Hmm, I see the problem. Unfortunately the whole thing is kind of a hack.
The wxWidgets documentation states that it is possible to use gettext to
translate the tooltips, but that didn't work.

> > 3. Several buttons and panels are not well aligned with the
> > text, even in English.

Unfortunately it is quite hard to get that right and still have an app that
works well regardless of the font size and text length of the labels. At least
when using wxWidgets and XRC to specify the layout.

bye