[ptx] Hugin settings

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Mon Aug 22 08:11:22 BST 2005

Arturs Lapins wrote:

> Hi, there,
>
> I have been using Hugin for about a year, and I am very excited how it
> works. I have just downloaded the latest 0.5 version and I am very glad
> that new features, which I wanted to suggest, are already included there
> (e.g. reset button, to clear yaw/pitch/roll,
>
> Is there some way to:
> [1] pre-set default compression for JPEG files - right now it always sets
> it to 90, although in most cases I would like to set it to 100.
> [2] pre-set creation of Rectilinear rather than Equirectangular panorama,
> because that is what is in most cases applicable to architectural photography.
> [3] pre-set different feather width, maybe some 0.1% of width of image or
> so. If images are badly aligned, default '10' is not enough.

You could try using enblend or smartblend, this works a lot better in
case of badly aligned images.

> In other words, is there any simple way to change the defaults?

Not directly, but you could create a dummy project, add one image, set
all the settings, remove the image and save it.

Then you can create a link to hugin on the desktop and use the filename
of the default pto file as command line argument. Hugin will load your
project (with your defaults) then.

> Another suggestion. Would it be possible to add automatic re-calculation of
> FOV and pixel dimension after optimization? This is what I usually do when
> I come to Sticher page.

Sound useful, I might add that later on.