[ptx] only read 3 images ??

michael crane crane at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 12:08:32 BST 2005

I have installed quite a few things relative to panorama.
I tested on 3 bad scans that I happened to have and everything seemed to
work.
Now I try to go through again using the pictures from
http://homepage.mac.com/ponyboy/qtvrtips4.html

I cannot yet see how to use autopan-sift gui from within hugin. So I
click on Autopano-win32.exe and then load the .pto file into hugin.
All the control points are there but if I try to optomize then there is
an error message.

ERROR:(\Projects\hugin\src\Panorama\panorama cpp:1023)
PT::Panorama::parseOptomizerScript(): Readonly 3 images from PToptimizer
file.

Also if, as in the tutorial on the ponyboy page, I start PTPicker by
typing "java -jar ptpicker.jar"

Then I cannot load the .jpg image into ptpicker.

I do not know if these 2 problems are related.

If I have messed up by loading 2 many similar programs. Or if there is a
problem in the choices I have made for hfov etc in Hugin that would
cause the error message.
Hugin appeared to work fine yesterday.

I reinstalled hugin and Autopano-SIFT in true windows spirit but error
is still there.

I am inclined to think that there is a rogue pano12.dll somewhere that
is causing this.

help appreciated to discover cause

regards

MIck