[ptx] RE: new panos

Philippe Gac tech at ediphi.org
Thu Sep 16 22:28:42 BST 2004

> Some nice scenery there. However, I'd really shoot with exposure lock, and
> use enblend on the result instead of trying to use the PTStitcher color

On the IXUS V3, exposure lock is obtained by keeping the button pressed half way... many times it was lost, and it was
often ruined by clouds

> correction. Also, higher jpg quality will look a lot nicer.. Many of

jpg quality is already maximal: 3 Mpix superfine
and 2x zoom!

> the images look very overexposed to me.

to me too... but aligning exposure on less exposed views produced a lot of noise. if I had still more time, I would work
over it...
I edited some of them but unfortunately, GIMP's colour selection is buggy on big surfaces. I hope color correction tools
will be more efficient in the future

many are also badly clipped (anarchic orientation; no pod!) and poorly merged (foreground seldom matched; again, no
pod!). I'm waiting impatiently to be offered a Canon EOS10D with a pano headed pod...

regards