[ptx] new panos

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Thu Sep 16 07:23:10 BST 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Philippe Gac wrote:

> hi all
>
> BTW, the "UseSeaming=0" option might be useful if you want to actualize your preview frequently and you don't have the
> newest Pentium IV 4.4 GHz...

Ups, yes this is true. Its the default for the newer hugin version, but one
of the older snapshots used seaming and saved it to the config file.

> Home from holidays for some weeks, partly spent stitching tens of panoramas...
>
> some case studies:
> http://pho.ediphi.org/Stitch/mont.htm
> http://pho.ediphi.org/Stitch/montcol.htm

Some nice scenery there. However, I'd really shoot with exposure lock, and
use enblend on the result instead of trying to use the PTStitcher color
correction. Also, higher jpg quality will look a lot nicer.. Many of
the images look very overexposed to me.