[ptx] autopano-sift 2.1 released: bugfixes and integration

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Wed Nov 17 00:07:46 GMT 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Sebastian Nowozin wrote:

>   * Fix so usage is printed if "-h" is passed to autopano.exe
>
>   + Add command line parameters to the GUI to be invoked from third party
>     programs for easier integration with them:
>       a) --output <filepath>, preset the PTO output file
>       b) --absolute, use absolute pathnames in the PTO output file
>       c) --imagelist <list.txt>, read input images from textfile
>       d) image filenames can also be read from command line
>

> Pablo, can you comment on the command line options?  I deliberately did not
> introduce what I first said ("filenames piped into the program"), as on
> further thought it might be difficult to realize in a portable way.  I think
> the list to tmp-file option is easy to implement and will work well
> everywhere.

I have added support for these command line parameters to the hugin CVS.

The default parameters also use --imagelist. This means that hugin expects
autopano-sift 2.1 per default. To use the old one, use the following command
line parameters:
-o %o %i

Existing config files are not updated, you might need to enter:
--output %s --imagelist %namefile
as parameters, or remove the .hugin config file or registry entry.

However, I noticed a small thing: After autopanog finished, it needs to be
closed by pressing the "exit" button. Maybe it could close automatically if
command line parameters were given?