[ptx] autopano-sift related problems & ready for hugin release

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Mon Nov 8 11:03:32 GMT 2004

On Mon 08-Nov-2004 at 18:44 +0800, Sebastian Nowozin wrote:

> just to let you know, I read all of the emails and bug reports about
> autopano-sift, I just do not have time currently to fix them until next
> week.  I will look into every issue reported here and to me and
> hopefully make it integrate well with the upcoming hugin release.

There is a little bug with the way hugin calls autopano-sift.  For
each selected photo, a keypoints file is created in /tmp like this:

   /tmp/filename.jpg.xml.gz

Subsequent runs of autopano-sift notice that this file exists and
don't regenerate it.

This is fine when photos have unique filenames, but with my camera,
each panorama is stored in its own folder and the filenames are
always the same:

   dscn0001.jpg, dscn0002.jpg, dscn0003.jpg etc..

So I have to manually delete all the xml.gz files in /tmp before I
can generate control points - These should have unique filenames
based on the full path.

--
Bruno