[ptx] compiling hugin on SUSE 9.1

Marko Thiele marko.thiele at gmx.de
Sun Nov 7 21:01:34 GMT 2004

hi there,

I'm not that new to hugin but everything related to compiling is still some
mystery to me. I had hugin up and running on my SUSE 9.0 instalation (I used
the Fedora rpm's to install it) and after updating to SUSE 9.1 it still kept
working fine. However for some strange reason I had to uninstall hugin. And
now the reinstalling process is some how quite more complicated than
expected.
I did the same thing I did on my SUSE 9.0 system but when I tried running
hugin it kept crashing. The logo flashed up and right after that it got back
to me with an segmentation fault.
So I thought it might be better if I recompile hugin and the related stuff
(wxWindows, XRC,... ) myself. And after some heavy struggle I now got it
compiled only to see the same strange crashing.
Here what I got:

--- schnipp ---
hoopy at shutterbug:~/downloads/hugin/hugin-0.4/src/hugin> ./hugin
Panorama obj created
Speicherzugriffsfehler
--- schnapp ---

"Speicherzugriffsfehler" is German and should be "segmentation fault"

I know that this is not to much to work with but I don't know how to get some
more debugging information since I'm not to much involved with programming.
Maybe someone got the same problem and knows what to do or someone can tell me
how to get some more debugging info and I will post it here.

 Marko