[ptx] hugin and autopano-sift

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Thu Nov 4 18:35:50 GMT 2004

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004, Benoit Posté wrote:

>    Hello all,
>
>    I lately switched from autopano to autopano-sift, which I like
> better (not saying it _is_ better, though, just that I personally
> prefer one over the other). However, I really miss the fact that
> autopano could be launched directly from within hugin ... and that it
> can't be done with autopano-sift. A realize that the way both work is
> rather different, so it may not be that simple a thing to implement.
>
>    But still, if for instance one could launch the autopano-sift GUI
> from a button in hugin, with all selected pictures directly pasted
> into it, and the pto file automatically updated after exiting ...
> wouldn't that be great?
>
>    Oh well, maybe I'm just dreaming, maybe it's the Christmas spirit
> already ;) .

I have added that to hugin cvs yesterday, the next snapshot will support
autopano-sift. It uses the non interactive visual basic script to run
autopano, so the gui is not useable unfortunately.

Sebastian, is it possible to add command line parameters to the autopano gui
as well? Especially the input and output files, like done in
autopano-complete.sh? Then people could start the gui from within hugin.