[ptx] beta version available for pano12.dll with improved optimizer

Rik Littlefield rj.littlefield at computer.org
Mon May 17 14:39:59 BST 2004

Rik Littlefield wrote:

> Horizontal, vertical, and line controls are optimized as rectangular
> pixel coordinates in the rendered image.  Errors are reported in the
> same way.

Sorry, my words could be misleading.  Compared to the old optimizer,
there has been a change in error reporting.  The new optimizer reports
what has actually been optimized: angular distance for normal control
points, and deviation from horizontal/vertical/straight for those
controls.  The old optimizer incorrectly reported big errors for line
controls.  That should be fixed now.

--Rik