[ptx] beta version available for pano12.dll with improved optimizer

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Mon May 17 12:06:43 BST 2004

ptx-bounces at email-lists.org wrote:

> A beta version of pano12.dll with an improved optimizer is now available
> at http://www.janrik.net/ptools .
>
> This is built from the sourceforge cvs as a starting point.
>
> Major improvements/changes include:
Very good!

> This version does *not* include the option to optimize by rectangular
> coordinates, as discussed recently in this group.  More work is still
> needed to get that solid.

But it should still work for a rectilinear output, otherwise it wouldn't
make any sense to use the straight line control points, right?

I have a calibration photo (part of an office building) for my Oly C8080
with a lot of horizontal and vertical lines in it.

I entered a few vertical lines, a few horizontal, plus a bunch of
straight lines.

Both the new and the old optimizer have really _big_ problems trying to
find a stable solution for the lens distortion parameters. (At maximum
wide angle this camera/lens have significant gullwing style distortion,
with barrel that flattens out towards pincussion nearer to the corners).

Should I place the photo + my current PTAsm project file on a web server
for download?

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>