[ptx] hugin or PTStitcher doesn't move tmp-files into given Tiff filename

Vaj Akos debian at freemail.hu
Thu May 13 11:25:57 BST 2004

On May 12 14:12, Mike Runge wrote:
> >last weekend I had a problem with a PC of a friend of mine using hugin and
> >pano tools.
> >OS is WXP, panotools are 2.6ML12 (Max Lyons website), hugin is 0.4 pre
> (last
> >windows binaries)
> >
> >Whenever I tried to stitch a new pano (Tiff or Multiple Tiff Output)
> >everything works fine exept renaming the temporary created tiff-files. So
> in
> >the end I always had to rename _PTStitcher_tmp_3 into e.g. test.tif.
> >
> >This can be cumbersome while using Multiple Tiff for output. In particular,
> >if you have forgotten to remove the _PTStitcher_tmp_* files from the run
> >before *grrr*
> >
> >Does anybody has an idea what I can try to get this working correctly?
> >I already kicked everything from the PC and reinstalled exactly the same
> >stuff that is working fine on my PC (WXP as well). I also removed all
> >registry entries created by hugin and checked, that there is no other
> >pano12.dll in windows/system32.

Hi, Mike

I think, i had the same problem on linux. I wrote even a bugreport:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=934575&group_id=77506&atid=550441

Three things cure the problem:

- give no directory for the created file(s)! They will be in the same
  dir. as the pto project is.

- do not start hugin with a command line pto file! This was my biggest
  problem. Hugin remembers the last directory, where i made a panorama
  and starts the file selection there. It's annoying, therefore i always
  started as 'hugin ./'. The file selector then see the current
  directory, wonderful! BUT the panorama outputs will have no name,
  just extension!
  (I suspect, the filename is created by trimming the '.' and the
   following characters. If the directory already has a '.', the output
   filename will be the directory itself...)

- give no file extension, it's needless