[ptx] autopanos?

JD Smith jdsmith at as.arizona.edu
Thu May 6 17:46:39 BST 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 00:13, Sebastian Nowozin wrote:
> Hi :)
>

> On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 08:09:48AM +0200, alexandre jenny wrote:
>
> > Autopano Alexandre Jenny (That's me ;-))
> >  + Speed, it's c++.
> >  + Very low memory usage.
> >  + Ransac check (removes many false point).
> >  - Accuracy. Around 5 % of false points still remains.
> >  - Not open source yet.
>
> Yes, RANSAC is a great plus, I am looking into implementing some further
> postprocessing, too. It really helps.

Do you use Lowe's keypoints directly, or have you just been hesitant to
release the source?  So you'd say that you have fewer false positives
thanks to RANSAC, but Sebastian's keypoints, when they are correct, are
placed more accurately and register more cleanly?  So the best of both
worlds auto-pano tool would include Sebastian's keypoint finder (more
accurate, no copyright issues, potential patent issues) and your ransac
and yaw/pitch/roll/fov optimizer?

Thanks,

JD