[ptx] Autopano-sift -> Hugin -> Enblend Workflow

Rik Littlefield rj.littlefield at computer.org
Fri Jun 25 04:08:44 BST 2004

"Good" means having all images tied together, with a high proportion of
correct control points.

I will repeat an exercise from yesterday and keep notes.....

OK, here is literally everything I did.

0.1 run autopano
0.2 double-click .pts file to launch PTGui.  Then...

1. In Lens Settings panel, click EXIF button to load focal length and
multiplier.
2. In Optimizer panel, "Set all" yaw, pitch, roll to optimize for each
image, then clear these for one anchor image.
3. In Optimizer panel, "Clear all" to initially disable lens parameter
optimization.
4. Run Optimizer.
5. Examine table of control point errors, see no obvious control point
errors.
6. In Panorama Editor window, set center point of panorama and
appropriate width/height.
7. Set line controls (one horizontal, one vertical).
8. Enable pitch and roll optimization on all images.
9. Enable b optimization.
10. Run Optimizer.
11. Re-examine table of control point errors, now see one incorrect
control point, delete that.
12. Run Optimizer, re-examine errors, see no more.
13. Save file, render, etc.

I can't run autopano-sift, so I can't make a direct comparison.

I do note that the project file created by Autopano 1.02 was directly
readable by PTGui and all of the changes I needed to make were easily
done using PTGui's interface, no manual file editing required.

This project had only one control point error, usually there a few more,
and I have read that autopano-sift may do better.

The initial project settings are to optimize yaw, pitch, roll for only
one image, which seems clearly not right (and I have reported this
separately as a bug).

--Rik