[ptx] problem when selecting control points (by hand)

Emmanuel Favre-Nicolin emmanuel at favre-nicolin.net
Wed Jul 28 07:11:27 BST 2004

Le mardi 27 Juillet 2004 19:38, Pablo d'Angelo a écrit :
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Emmanuel Favre-Nicolin wrote:
>
> Your problem of the 100% cpu usage is probably because the preview window
> is updated to frequently in the current release.

Exact!!

> Probably I should check and only update the preview, if an image parameter
> has changed. currently it is also updated when a control point is changed.

I unselected auto-update and it did solve all those 100% cpu usage!! Great!!
So I guess that even if the preview window wasn't open, it was auto-updating
it. I don't know if it's expected?
Neverthe less, that way it runs very well!!!!!

> If you uncheck/unmark the "auto update" button in the preview window,
> everything should run smoothly.
>
> > 1)
> > I'm having a recurrent problem when selecting control points by hand for
> > CVS version from the beginning of july till the last version I have
> > (yesterday) so I think I can speak about that.
> > When I'm choosing a reference control points (with auto fine tune and
> > auto estimate ticked off),
>
> It should be possible to choose without turning them of. (at least for the
> first reference points.

Oh, I mean that only "auto fine tune" and "auto estimate" are selected, my
poor (?) English may have fooled you?

> > it zoom to 100% (which is OK) but very often moves to
> > the zone of the preceding pair of points which is not expected.
> >
> > It's a bit confusing because it does not occurs always... and it seems to
> > happens more frequently when there are more photos to stich or maybe if
> > photos ordered from right to left rather than left to right (?)
>
> Hmm, strange... Actually it probably doesn't work to well for rotated, or
> fisheye images, because it only estimates a image shift in x and y.

I don't use fisheye and photo are not rotated too much (few degrees maybe)....
I didn't reproduce this problem when auto-update of preview window is
unselected!!

Thank you for the answer, it speed up things soo much!!