[ptx] Hugin crash's after starting optimization

xdiwi xdiwi at gmx.net
Mon Jul 26 19:02:47 BST 2004

xdiwi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> when I try to duplicate the tutorial
> http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/two-photos/en.shtml Hugin
> crash's after I start the optimization.
>
> Here is the session:
>
> wi at wi2:~/Hugin/Work/Tutorial1> hugin
> Panorama obj created
> hugin: Panorama.cpp:834: void
> PT::Panorama::parseOptimizerScript(std::istream&,
> PT::VariableMapVector&, PT::CPVector&) const: Zusicherung »varIt ==
> imgVars.end() && "Not all image parameters have been read"« nicht
> erfüllt.
> Abgebrochen
> wi at wi2:~/Hugin/Work/Tutorial1>
>

> Here is a screenshot of the hugin optimize tab:
> http://home.arcor.de/widi4/hugin1.jpg and
> http://home.arcor.de/widi4/optscript.jpg
> When I now press the "Continue with these changes" button hugin
> crash's and produce the above output.
>
> It seems to be that hugin has a problem with the output from PTOptimizer.
>
> Any ideas to solve my problem?
>
> Regards,
>   Dieter
>

> System:
>  Suse 9.0
>  hugin-20040723-1.bp.fc1
>  panorama-tools-nonfree-2.7a-1
>  panorama-tools-2.7a-1

I carried out some tests and when I comment out line 834 in
./src/Panorama/Panorama.cpp
            if ((line.compare("# Control Points: Distance between
desired and fitted Position") == 0 )
             || (line.compare("# Control Points: Distance between
desired and fitted Position (in Pixels)")) == 0 ) {
                // switch to reading the control point distance
//                DEBUG_ASSERT( varIt == imgVars.end() && "Not all image
parameters have been read");                   <= line 834
                state = 1;
                break;
            }
it seems all working ok! I'm not a C++ programmer so I'm not able to
find the real bug, but may be it help's someone.

  Dieter