[ptx] stitching multirows using hugin and autopano

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Wed Jul 21 13:31:04 BST 2004

Hi Ian,

I think we are talking about the same mysterium.
I just switched over from hugin_2004_03_25-08_41_win32.zip to
hugin_2004_07_16-08_33_win32.zip. I also observed, that optimising this 7x3
multirow didn't worked with the old version, but worked nice with the new
one. I was a bit confused from my observations because sometimes I had good
optimisation results without doing anything, sometimes I had to add much help
in form of predefining some values. Yesterday I ended with the conclusion,
that the latest hugin was able to optimize my 7x3 from scratch without any
help. Today I tried to verify that, but now it was needed to specify values
for pitch at least.

I cannot tell why this is going on. But if you have similar problems to drive
your optimisation into the right direction, predefining some values helps
:-)

Thanks for your reply. I was half the way down seeing violet mices ;-) Good
to know, that somebody had observed the same strange behavior. I could not
belive that there is a difference between the hugin versions because both use
PTOptimiser and the pano12.dll. The missing t-value is a good explanation -
thanks.

best, mike