[ptx] problem with auto add with circular fisheye pics.

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Mon Jul 12 22:33:08 BST 2004

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, spec wrote:

> Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I haven't implemented the auto functions for control point setting
> >specifically for fisheye lenses. I don't have such a lens, so its not
> >really very high on my priority list.
> >
> It seems like an extreme and unusal situation but really is not.

Well, for you that is ;) I know that the current auto functions are pretty
much unsable for fisheye images. for my rectilinear images, and my style of
shooting, it the stuff works quite well. (I try not to rotate my camera more
than a few degrees around the optical axis).

If you need that function earlier, feel free to add it. (I have to admit
that the remapping functions are not looking very friendly at first, with
all that data conversion to the pano tools structures etc..). If you need
some more info on where to start, just ask.