[ptx] Release: waveblend 0.1.0 - focus enhancing image fusion tool

Rik Littlefield rj.littlefield at computer.org
Mon Jul 12 08:08:04 BST 2004

Sebastian,

Great job!

I ran the same images through the visibility mask algorithm available at
http://www.janrik.net/ptools/ExtendedFocusPano12/ .  Results are posted
there -- pretty much the same as yours.

I am not sure how to compare the two approaches.  Both the beaded deer
and the microscope images seem to be fairly simple cases.  I suppose
it's time to haul out the macro lenses and try to work a harder
problem.  (I play with insects in the 1-10X magnification range.  It's
difficult maintaining fixed nodal point in that range, which makes
perfect alignment problematic.  I always end up having to edit the
masks.  But perhaps there are other ways.)

--Rik