[ptx] Release: waveblend 0.1.0 - focus enhancing image fusion tool

Sebastian Nowozin nowozin at cs.tu-berlin.de
Mon Jul 12 06:50:24 BST 2004

Hello everybody,

I am happy to announce the results of my last week efforts to implement the
focus-enhancing algorithm I was pointed to by Rik Littlefield (here:
http://bigwww.epfl.ch/demo/edf/).

To summarize the purpose of my tool in one sentence: Take the input images,
each with different focus depth and blend them so the final image is in focus
everywhere.

My tool is called waveblend and more or less implements the algorithm 1:1. But
instead of using the simple 2d CWT as in the original paper, I use the more
advanced dualtree CWT. A screenshot, technical description and the whole source
under the GPL is available at:

	http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~nowozin/waveblend/

For merging real photographs the photographs have to be _exactly_ aligned, even
a 1-2 pixel misalignment causes trouble to the algorithm (I may have to find a
solution for this).

As always feedback is welcome :-)

Regards,
Sebastian