[ptx] OSX with XCode

Guillaume Filion gfk at logidac.com
Sun Jul 11 05:20:33 BST 2004

Le 04-07-11, à 00:01, Ippei UKAI a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> That's great!
>
> You don't need wx-gtk stuff. They are just the remaining of my attempt
> of building hugin with GTK and X11. Please ignore.
> Xcode uses only those libraries in the "Framework and Libraries" in
> the Targets.

Ha, that's good because fink wanted to install about a dozen
dependencies for wx-gtk.

> As to Vigra, there is a patch in hugin's cvs
> (hugin/patches/vigra_typetraits_extension.diff) so that some features
> customised for hugin are added. Recent CVS comes with patched Vigra in
> external directory, but at the time (6/29) it was not (or at least I
> wasn't using it).

Okay, I'll compile the patched version tomorrow.

> You can try ./configure; make; in terminal but it does not affect
> Xcode's native builds. "hugin.xcode", contains external building
> target calls gmake that does exactly the same thing as ./configure;
> make; should work, but I haven't tried it quite a long.

Okay, I tought that I needed to make the "./configure; make" code work
before the Xcode compile could work.

> By the way, could you compile wxmac-2.4? The reason I'm using 2.5 is
> that I can't compile 2.4 on my mac.
> Using 2.4 may result better because 2.5 is still quite buggy.

Yes, I had to patch wxMac 2.4 to compile it.
The patch is available at:
http://cvs.wxwidgets.org/viewcvs.cgi/wxWindows/src/mac/Attic/
dc.cpp.diff?
r1=1.56.2.11&hidecvsroot=1&r2=1.56.2.12&hideattic=1&search=None&diff_for
mat=u
This insanely long URL can be reached with: http://xrl.us/wxmac24patch

You should be able to compile it with this:
Download http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxwindows/wxMac-2.4.2.tar.gz
tar zxvf wxMac-2.4.2.tar.gz
Download http://xrl.us/wxmac24patch in the wxMac-2.4.2 directory and
give it a name like wx.patch
patch < wx.patch
When asked for a filename by patch give this one: src/mac/dc.cpp
Then continue with the usual procedure:
./configure (maibe with some options, I'm not sure...)
make
sudo make install
cd contrib/src/xrc
make
sudo make install

Well, gotta go to sleep, thanks for your help. I'm certainly looking
forward to using hugin on MacOSX.

GFK's
--
Guillaume Filion, ing. jr