[ptx] autopano-sift bug: generatekey default size is not 700

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Fri Jul 9 07:29:04 BST 2004

Hi!

I've just tried the new autopano-sift 1.4, and I have noticed that generate
keys doesn't use a downscale value of 700 by default, but uses an octave
bigger than the real image by default:

$ generatekeys.exe sta_3144.jpg t.xml.gz

The use of this software is restricted by certain conditions.
See the "LICENSE" file distributed with the program for details.

This software is provided for non-commercial use only. The University
of British Columbia has applied for a patent on the SIFT algorithm in
the United States. Commercial applications of this software may
require a license from the University of British Columbia.

Building octave, (2398, 3198)

sta_3144 is 1200x1600 pixels in size.

This behaviour breaks the default autopano-complete.sh useage (nobody wants
to use such high ocatves). This also happens when autopano-complete.sh is
called by hugin (by pressing on the "Create Points" button).

The workaround is to edit autopano-complete.sh and add a default size, or
call autopano-complete always with the -s option, by editing .hugin

POINTS=10;
RANSAC=1;
CLEAN=0;
+SIZE=700;