[ptx] New snapshot

Mike Runge mike at trozzreaxxion.net
Fri Jul 2 09:02:09 BST 2004

Hi all,
overall the new snapshot (01-07-2004) works OK for me - here are my
findings (using w2k):

- Integration of nona stitcher is much better. All output formats work
fine, filenames with no extension or with extension .tiff (for the tiff
formats) works fine.
- Directly starting enblend from within hugin works fine.
- New preview is not that usable than the old one at this stage for
several reasons:
    - slower (blending masks?!)
    - image buttons much too large for larger projects
    - No possibility to switch on/off individual images directly by
pressing images buttons - requires pushing update (slow). This makes
working with the preview much harder.
- Preview in the images tab is very small after loading an existing project
    - preview size is Ok after resizing the hugin window. but than
switching between several images leaves part of the preview area unfreshed.
    - refresh is OK after switichng to another tab and back.
    - there are still problems using different fileformats (landscape
and portrait) in the same project: each time switching from a landscape
to portrait format the preview size is reduced.
- new crosshair is much better and makes manual picking (still required
in some cases) much more precise

I would say the new snapshot is much more usable, except the new preview.

Thank you for still continuing the good work.

best, mike