[ptx] missing mail from PTX?

Rob Park rbpark at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 00:45:06 GMT 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:14:55 +0000, Bruno Postle <bruno at postle.net> wrote:
> On Tue 28-Dec-2004 at 21:13 -0700, Rob Park wrote:
> > I'm just comparing my local archives of the PTX list against
> > http://www.email-lists.org/pipermail/ptx/ and I seem to be missing
> > a LOT of it.
>
> The logs show you've received the same number of messages as other
> members of the list, so I don't know what the problem might be.

Oh, my mistake, I didn't realize the archives page was sorted oldest
first in thread view. I was just seeing "autostich" thread and
thinking "where is this in my mailbox?" expecting it to also be at the
top of the list when in fact my inbox is sorted in the reverse order.
Looking at the *bottom* of the archives page, it does seem to be
fairly consistent with what's in my inbox. Sorry about that.

> > BTW, anybody have any luck with the autopano-sift/hugin/enblend
> > toolchain on fedora core 3?
>
> The FC2 RPMs work fine for me with no need to rebuild:
>
>   http://bugbear.blackfish.org.uk/~bruno/panorama-tools/

Ah, hadn't noticed that you have RPMs for autopano-stitch 2.1. I guess
I might as well just be using your RPMs now... I was trying to compile
everything. Mono was a total bitch to install, the RPMs are ALL broken
on FC3 (they insistently depend on packages that I don't have, because
I have newer versions of the packages, and that's not good enough. I
forget the package names, but mono was freaking out because I didn't
have version 3.0 of some program. Checked, I have 3.1)

> Brief instructions for FC2 and FC3:
>
> Make sure you have apt and yum installed and both configured to use
> the freshrpms and ATrpms repositories.

Do you mean ONLY freshrpms and atrpms? or do you mean "freshrpms and
atrpms in addition to the base repos"?

> Add this to /etc/yum.conf to enable installation of mono via yum:
>
>   [mono]
>   name=Fedora Linux 2 - $basearch - mono
>   baseurl=http://www.go-mono.com/archive/1.0.5/fedora-2-$basearch

As for this, all that happens is this:

Setting up Repo:  mono
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: mono
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from mono: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

The mono repo has NEVER worked for me. I don't know what it is.
Something is just very broken about it.

--
One Guy With A Camera
http://rbpark.ath.cx